Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dollar Trade-up for MS. How big can a dollar grow for a great cause?

Here's the concept: different people have taken a penny and "traded up" for something of greater value, then continued to "trade up" until they had traded for a boat, a car, a piece of land, or even a house! Well, I don't know where I'll get with this, but I thought I'd skip the penny and jump right to a clean, crisp, never-been folded, never been spent US $1 bill and see what someone will trade me for it. I'll then place that item up for trade, and so forth. In the end, the proceeds will be added to the Motley Samurai Team's donations to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society to help in the fight against MS.

Each time I receive a "bid" to trade up I will be the final decision-maker in accepting the trade. Folks, I hope nobody takes offense at my decisions, but my goal is to trade up as quickly and as far as possible before my deadline. I need to do my best to select items I believe will attract a quick trade-up offer for the next exciting trade. My deadline is 1 day before the Harmons Best Dam Bike Ride on June 29th. Once I stop trading I'll place the final item up for a cash sale, which may become a sealed bid auction, depending upon the item being sold.

Shipping of any items should be borne by the buyer, or arrangements for pick-up or delivery should be made with the "buyer" and the "seller". Very few of the traded items will actually cross my hands. After all, this is for a good cause, so I appreciate your cooperation! In order for this to work I'll need to post photos and descriptions of each item up for trade, so that will be a requirement of mine: no photo or description provided
, no trade.

I reserve the right to change the rules of this event at will, since this is the first time I have attempted anything this cool!

Let the bidding begin! What will you trade me for this crisp new dollar bill?

No comments:

Post a Comment